We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to manage your judo training and progression. We will only contact you regarding the club events and member opportunities, your information will not be passed to any other third party.
If you want your personal data to be changed or removed from our members database, or for your email address or mobile number to be changed or removed from our contact sheets and the Parents WhatsApp group, please contact us so we can action your requests.
The categories of Club Members information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, date of birth, relevant medical conditions)
- special categories of data including characteristics information such as gender, age, ethnic group, disability
- membership contract information (such as name, date of birth, address, emergency contact, BJA licence number, previous experience in judo)
- competition data (This is collected and shared with the British judo Association, to advise and guide members on the next steps in qualification or grading)
- coach qualifications
- photos taken with consent (at training sessions, competitions, or social events.)
Why we collect and use this information
We use member information data to:
- enable the development of a comprehensive picture of the member to assist with progression in the sport;
- inform members about development of the sport, Club; and
- enable members to progress onto higher level competitions; and
- enable the British Judo Association to track and improve Judo for its members.
- to be able to meet the needs of all its members and safeguard their well being.
The lawful basis on which we process this information
We process this information as part of our membership procedure for Bishop Challonder Judo Club.
Where information of a non-sensitive nature is processed and is therefore in the Club’s legitimate interests i.e. membership of the club. Where sensitive data is processed by means of consent, with appropriate safeguards and is in the legitimate interests of the Club. Or is in your vital interests.
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain membership information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing this information
We hold your data for the duration of your membership with the club.
Who we share this information with
We routinely share this information with:
- British Judo Association
- Sport England
- Other Judo Club’s where competitions are held
The reason for sharing your data is to highlight and encourage competitors to advance in the sport. Or to apply for further funding to ensure the sports or clubs longevity.
Why we share membership information
We do not share information about members with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
It is a pre-requisite of the sport that all club members register with the British Judo Association, hence we will supply information to them, for this and insurance purposes.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact the Club Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: Bishop Challoner Judo Club Secretary.